After the England bowling attack was again ground by Steve Smith into submission ” we ask is he cricket problem solver?
Smith scored 211 as Australia announced on 497-8 within their first innings, although he should have dropped for 118 when out to Jack Leach, only for replays to show the spinner had overstepped and bowled a no-ball.
It ended up an afternoon for England, with three grabs going begging as Australia racked up the runs.
On the latest Ashes Debate, which you’ll be able to listen to above or by downloading here, Ryan Sidebottom unites Bob Willis and host Charles Colvile to look back Smith’s double ton and then present the question, how can you get him out?
Listen or subscribe on:
Also on the Most Recent Ashes Debate podcast…
– Will England rue missed opportunities with a mountain now to climb at Evaluation?
– The”batting event” Smith, his unparalleled hand-eye co-ordination and how he solves problems through his innings.
– Which bowler from time-gone-by would have got Smith out? Could Darren Gough have really had a chance?
– Which batsmen did Ryan and Bob fight to get the most out?
– What is the reason for the fall off at Jofra Archer’s bowling speeds over the sequence?
– on what is still an excellent pitch, England leads.
See day three at Old Trafford, of the fourth Ashes Test between England and Australia, live on Sky Sports The Ashes from 10am on Friday.
You may even follow over-by-over comment and in-play clips on our rolling website on skysports.com along with the Sky Sports app.
Copyright © 2013 - All Rights Reserved Naurus (PVT) Ltd.